Welcome to Great Pet Place. Com! Our Team of Pet Enthusiasts Takes the Time to Research and Compile Pet Names. You Can Trust Us to Help You Find a Name that Fits Your Furry Friend’s Unique Personality. If you buy through our links, we may get a commission.
You’re in luck if you’re a Harry Potter fan and just adopted a hamster. We’ve compiled a list of the top 70 Hamster Names inspired by J. K. Rowling’s World of Wizards. Whether you’re looking for the perfect name for a heroic hero or a villainous hamster, we’ve got you covered.
Harry Potter Hamster Names refer to naming your pet hamster after a character, creature, or object from the Harry Potter book series. This can be significant for several reasons:
- It adds a whimsical touch to your pet-naming process.
- It’s fun to express your fandom and connect with other fans.
- The names come with unique backstories and characteristics that could suit your pet’s behaviour.
- It provides a broad range of choices, catering to different personal tastes.
- Most importantly, it’s a unique way to pay tribute to the magic of J.K. Rowling’s world.
What Are the Best Harry Potter Hamster Names?
Harry Potter Boy Hamster Names
- Accio: Summoning charm; convenient name.
- Alohomora: Unlocking charm; mysterious allure.
- Animagus: Shape-shifting wizard; magical transformation.
- Auror: Dark wizard catcher; heroic significance.
- Azkaban: Wizarding prison; ominous charm.
- Seeker: Quidditch position; determined and skilled.
- Skeeter: Rita Skeeter; curious and interested.
- Slytherin: Hogwarts house; cunning and ambitious.
- Snitch: Golden Snitch; swift and elusive.
- Spell: Magical incantation; enchanting nature.
- Fang: Hagrid’s dog; loyal protector.
- Fawkes: Dumbledore’s Phoenix, a symbol of rebirth.
- Firenze: Centaur teacher; wise and noble.
- Flutterby: Imaginary creature; whimsical and fun.
- Fluffy: Three-headed dog; cute and cuddly.
Harry Potter Girl Hamster Names
It is a collection of enchanting and magical names inspired by female characters and elements from the beloved Harry Potter series, perfect for your delightful female hamster.
- Longbottom: Neville Longbottom; resilient and endearing.
- Lovegood: Luna Lovegood; dreamy and unique.
- Lumos: Light spell; radiant and illuminating.
- Mad-Eye: Alastor Moody; vigilant and cautious.
- Mandrake: Magical plant; mystical and potent.
- Riddle: Tom Riddle (Voldemort); enigmatic charm.
- Scabbers: Ron’s rat; mischievous and secretive.
- Scamander: Newt Scamander; caring and adventurous.
- Scrimgeour: Rufus Scrimgeour; authoritative and steadfast.
- Sectumsempra: Dark spell; powerful and dangerous.
- Goblin: Magical creature; bold and cunning.
- Grawp: Hagrid’s giant brother, a lovable brute.
- Grindylow: Water-dwelling creature; mysterious allure.
- Griphook: Goblin banker; resourceful and clever.
- Hedwig: Harry’s owl; loyal and affectionate.
Harry Potter Funny Hamster Names
- Delacour: Fleur Delacour; elegant and alluring.
- Felix Felicis: Luck potion; fortunate and whimsical.
- Figg: Mrs Figg; is quirky and peculiar.
- Flitwick: Charms professor; small and lively.
- Fortescue: Florean Fortescue; sweet and delightful.
- Prongs: James Potter’s Animagus; mischievous and playful.
- Quaffle: Quidditch ball; sporty and fun-loving.
- Quidditch: Wizarding sport; adventurous and thrilling.
- Ravenclaw: Hogwarts house; clever and wise.
- Remembrall: Memory aid; forgetful but endearing.
- Sprout: Professor Sprout; nurturing and caring.
- The Chosen One: Harry Potter; destined and brave.
- Trelawney: Divination teacher; mystical and prophetic.
- Weasley: Beloved wizarding family; mischievous and warm.
- Witch: Female magic user; enchanting and captivating.
Harry Potter Adorable Hamster Names
The adored world of wizards, ideal for adorable, affectionate furry friends, inspires these magical and charming names.
- Marauder: Marauder’s Map; playful and adventurous.
- Muggle: Non-magical person; cute and ordinary.
- Nimbus: Nimbus broomstick; swift and agile.
- Padfoot: Sirius Black’s Animagus; loyal and protective.
- Patronus: Protective charm; guardian and comforting.
- Peeves: Mischievous poltergeist, prankster, and cheeky.
- Pomfrey: Madam Pomfrey; caring and nurturing.
- Potion: Magical concoction; mysterious and alluring.
- Potter: Harry Potter; famous and brave.
- Perfect: Percy Weasley’s owl; meticulous and neat.
- Crookshanks: Hermione’s cat; clever and sly.
- Dobby: Free elf; loyal and endearing.
- Dragon: Magical creature; fierce and mythical.
- Errol: The Weasley’s owl, clumsy and lovable.
- Fairy: Enchanting magical being; delicate and ethereal.
Harry Potter Hamster Names Based On Celebrity
- Gryffindor: Hogwarts house; courageous and honourable.
- Headmaster: School principal; wise and respected.
- Hogwarts: Wizarding school; mystical and prestigious.
- Hufflepuff: Hogwarts house; loyal and kind.
- Lestrange: Bellatrix Lestrange; is mysterious and powerful.
- Bagman: Ludo Bagman; eccentric and adventurous.
- Bertie Bott: Candy creator; quirky and delicious.
- Creevey: Colin Creevey; enthusiastic and loyal.
- Crouch: Barty Crouch Jr.; is secretive and cunning.
- Death Eater: Voldemort’s follower; dark and fearsome.
- Wizard: Male magic user; magical and skilled.
- Aragog: Hagrid’s giant spider; scary and creepy.
- Basilisk: Serpent creature; deadly and dangerous.
- Boggart: Shape-shifting fear; spooky and unpredictable.
- Centaur: Half-human, half-horse; wise and noble.
Harry Potter has left an indelible mark on popular culture, captivating readers and film enthusiasts worldwide. Its imaginative world and diverse characters continue to inspire and enchant new generations.
More Hamster Name Ideas!
- Cute hamster names- Our Top 70+ Picks!
- Funny Hamster Names- Our Top 70+ Picks!
- Unique Hamster Names- Our Top 70+ Picks!
- Baby Hamster Names – Our Top 70+ Picks!
- Adorable Hamster Names – Our Top 70+ Picks!
- Unusual Hamster Names – Our Top 70+ Picks
Some creative Harry Potter-themed hamster names could be “Hedwig,” “Snitch,” “Crookshanks,” “Hermione,” or “Sirius.”
Of course! For a hamster, you could use names like “Gryffin,” “Puff,” “Sly,” or “Raven” to represent the four Hogwarts houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw.
Absolutely! Some iconic character names that could suit a hamster are “Dobby,” “Luna,” “Neville,” “Dumbledore,” or “Weasley.”
Sure! You could name your hamsters “Fred” and “George” after the Harry Potter series’ mischievous and lovable Weasley twins.
Yes, there are! You could consider naming your hamster “Basilisk,” “Fawkes,” “Norbert,” “Dobby,” or “Buckbeak” after some of the magical creatures featured in the Harry Potter books and movies.